Remember, in school we were given essays to write, “About Yourself”? Now that we are grownup, it’s time to dig out those essays! As a creative person, you need to be creative in writing your bio.
The starting point for PR for authors is their profile. A great profile is one of the best ways to promote your book. Instead of simply putting your name and some dry facts on your profile, if you make it enjoyable to read, you will see your book sales shoot up almost immediately.
Here is a quick checklist which can help you write a concise and interesting bio for your amazon page, author or artist profile for your YouTube channel, GoodReads, Pinterest, Amazon, Etsy or other places.
- eMail (This will not be publicly shared)
- Tell us a bit about yourself – some fun facts about yourself
- Name of your latest book, artwork or project – what inspired it, share some highlights
- If you are offering any promotions, mention it here.
- Share some challenges in your last creative project and how you overcame it
- What other creative people have influenced you
- What are you working on now?
- What is your primary method for promoting your works?
- What is the best advice that you have heard?
- What do you carry with you on vacation?
- An image of you in your studio or working on your project (please ensure nobody else is in it).
- Links you want to embed in your review: Website, Facebook page, youTube Channel, author profile on Amazon, smashwords, GoodReads, Instagram, Pinterest
Your profile is the starting point for your author marketing or book marketing strategy. This checklist will serve as a great template in helping you create attention grabbing profiles. Not only authors and artists but any creative person can use this checklist to boost their profile.