“Our goal is to have YouTube on every screen – to take it from the PC to the living room and the mobile phone.” – Steve Chen, YouTube Co-Founder
YouTube certainly has become ubiquitous. A large number of subscribers on YouTube gives you powerful influencer muscle. But how do you run your channel without going crazy?
We have compiled here our best vlogging resources for you to download and use. Most of these resources can be used both for blogs and Vlogs.
You can use your Facebook, Twitter, or Google to sign-in and download any (or all) of these assets.
YouTube SEO Guide
Download Free the Latest YouTube SEO Strategies Book, YouTube SEO Demystified: https://www.zavesti.com/download-youtube-seo-ultimate-guide/ The 16 hot hacks in this book list the SEO optimizations you can “bake” into each of your videos very easily & quickly. Use this book as a handy checklist whenever you post your video.
In addition to the YouTube SEO Book, the zavesti.com also gives you this killer Vlog SEO post. This YouTube SEO post explains the most effective ways of optimizing your YouTube videos – The Ultimate Guide: YouTube SEO Tutorial for VLoggers : https://www.zavesti.com/the-ultimate-guide-youtube-seo-tutorial-for-vloggers/
Vlog Content Planners
The following planners can be used for both vlogs and blogs.
- Download Blog Bustle Vision Board Template: https://www.zavesti.com/download-blog-bustle-vision-board-template/
- PDF – Must Have Content Marketing Editorial Calendar Templates: Download Free At-a-Glance Planners: https://www.zavesti.com/pdf-must-have-content-marketing-editorial-calendar-templates/
- PDF – Download Your Post Plan Template (blog or vlog): https://www.zavesti.com/pdf-download-your-post-plan-template/
- PDF – Printable Template: Download the Zavesti Ultimate Blog Content Planner: https://www.zavesti.com/pdf-2printable-template-download-the-zavesti-ultimate-blog-content-planner/
- PDF – Download the Zavesti 3 Vital Blog Elements Printable Template: https://www.zavesti.com/pdf-download-the-zavesti-3-vital-blog-elements-printable-template/
- PDF – How to Plan Your Video Channel & Blog Goals – Download Zavesti SMART Blog Goals Printable Template: https://www.zavesti.com/pdf-how-to-plan-your-video-channel-blog-goals-download-zavesti-smart-blog-goals-printable-template/
- PDF – Create a Killer Video Channel & Blog Gameplan: https://www.zavesti.com/pdf-create-a-killer-video-channel-blog-gameplan/
- PDF – Beginner Bloggers: Create Mind-Blowing Blogs with Zavesti Blog Template: https://www.zavesti.com/pdf-beginner-bloggers-create-mind-blowing-blogs-with-zavesti-blog-template/
Vlog Script Guide
How to Write Blogs & Vlog Scripts: A Step by Step Guide for Bloggers: https://www.zavesti.com/how-to-write-killer-blog-posts-a-step-by-step-guide/
Power Your Personal Brand with a Great YouTube Channel Profile
How to Create a Winning Image for Yourself on Social Media: https://www.zavesti.com/how-to-create-a-winning-image-for-yourself-on-social-media/
How to Write Attention Grabbing Video Titles, Blog Headlines & Book Names: https://www.zavesti.com/tools-resources-for-attention-grabbing-headlines-book-titles/
How to Come Up with Amazing New Video Ideas for YouTube: The ONE & ONLY Strategy You Need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIdBgOjnwfg
Video Making Tools
- Camera: For indoor vlogs, I found the smartphone and iPad cameras to be quite good. For Outdoors, GoPro is a good investment.
- Sound: The microphones build in the video cameras aren’t that great. You do need a separate microphone. I explored this quite a lot and found the following two microphones to be best.
(1) All-purpose microphone: Rode smartLav+ Lavalier Microphone for Smartphones and Tablets.
(2)An optional second microphone for outdoors recording. This really muffles out the ambient noise very well: Rode VideoMic Me Directional Microphone for Smart Phones – VIDEOMICME
Should You Use Swear Words in Your Vlog?
The best storytellers freely express their feelings with sharp wit, but don’t need four letter words. Unless you are Bradley Cooper in “A Star is Born,” stay away from the f-word. Then there are certain words which are sure to get you either banned from YouTube or demonetized. Racial slurs, disparaging content, and malicious or hateful language directed at a person or specific group of people are a complete no-no on YouTube. While f-words are allowed on YouTube, I, however, challenge you to make your vlog scripts powerful enough without the need for injecting four-letter words.
When you start falling back on swear words and senseless antics, you know that you are struggling to make your vlog attractive. The strong do not need to swear.
The Blogger Trailmap: How to Take Your Blog to the Next Level in Easy Steps
The Blogger Trailmap by Chivi Frost is a concise guide packed with pro tips which will transform you into a seasoned blogger very quickly: https://www.zavesti.com/the-blogger-trailmap-a-guidebook-for-bloggers-youtubers-podcasters/ Though the title says “blogger,” vloggers too will find a wealth of practical tips in it.
The assets in this “YouTube Channel Toolkit” will make it easy for you to create great vlogs. If you liked these assets, please also check out the many more tools and services available for you: Services & Tools to Promote Your Book or Blog: https://www.zavesti.com/tools-to-promote-your-book/