Remember, in school we were given essays to write, “About Yourself”? Now that we are grownup, it’s time to dig out those essays! As a creative person, you need to be creative in writing your bio.
Here is a quick checklist which can help you write a concise and interesting bio for your amazon page, author or artist profile for your YouTube channel, GoodReads, Pinterest, Amazon, Etsy or other places.
- eMail (This will not be publicly shared)
- Tell us a bit about yourself – some fun facts about yourself
- Name of your latest book, artwork or project – what inspired it, share some highlights
- If you are offering any promotions, mention it here.
- Share some challenges in your last creative project and how you overcame it
- What other creative people have influenced you
- What are you working on now?
- What is your primary method for promoting your works?
- What is the best advice that you have heard?
- What do you carry with you on vacation?
- An image of you in your studio or working on your project (please ensure nobody else is in it).
- Links you want to embed in your review: Website, Facebook page, youTube Channel, author profile on Amazon, smashwords, GoodReads, Instagram, Pinterest
I hope this checklist helps you. Not only authors and artists but any creative person can use this checklist to boost their profile.